Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
1. Remove the pits from the medjool dates and soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until the nuts are crumbled and the crust is sticking together on it’s own.
2. Press about 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
Tip: To remove the cheesecakes easily from the tray, cut 4-inch strips of parchment paper and place those in the bottom of each cup. Press the crust mixture on top of these. Then when the cheesecakes are done setting in the freezer you can pull on the parchment tabs to lift the cheesecakes out.
1. Allow these strawberries to melt at room temperature or heat over low heat in sauce pan for a few minutes until soft. Then blend this in a blender into a smooth purée.
2. Take a scant Tbsp of the cashew filling and pour on top of the pressed crust. Then take 1/2 tsp of strawberry purée and dollop on top of the cashew filling. Take the end of a toothpick and swirl the two mixtures around to make a fun artsy pattern!
3. Freeze the cheesecakes for 1-2 hours until solid. Remove them from the mini muffin trays and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. before biting into them.
I had my first mini strawberry cheesecake while visiting one of the Brigantine NJ restaurants on the beach.